If you live in Charlotte and love Food Trucks, then I highly recommend checking out Food Truck Fridays!
The trucks start serving food around 6pm every Friday in the SouthEnd district of Charlotte. They set up in the vacant lot across the street from Phat Burrito.
1616 Camden Rd, Charlotte, NC
There is not a lot of information to be found online about the event. I did stumble across this Facebook Page.
Some tips before going:
- Parking can be tricky. Street parking and certain lots are open for the event.
- Bring a chair and blanket. Seating is hard to come by.
- Get there early. Trucks run out of food as the night goes on.
- BYOB or stop by Common Market for a 6 pack. The trucks only sell bottled or canned waters and sodas.
- Bring a frisbee or softball to throw. If you want to hang out afterwards, then bring something active that you and a friend can do.
- Bring your dog. Only if fluffy likes to be around a lot of people. Don’t forget her water bowl and leash.
My main course was the Shawarma from The Herban Legend. It was a very tasty wrap! I would recommend adding a side dish. It is relatively small.
The owner mentioned that he gets inspiration for new dishes from his world travels. This wrap did not disappoint.
I’m a bit of a tabbouleh snob and was concerned this would not be fresh. It mixed very well within the wrap and was indeed made that day!
Amanda tried the Blackened Fish Tacos from Roaming Fork. Her meal came with a side of parmesan truffle fries, of which I had one or two. They were delicious and would compliment any main dish.
We also shared a side of Fried Pimento Cheese Balls from Roaming Fork. They were spectacular! Crispy, gooey, and flavorful.
For dessert, we shared the Carrot Pineapple Cupcake from Cupcake Delirium. It was pretty darn good. I’m glad we shared it; I was stuffed!
With the weather warming up, I would highly recommend heading out to Food Truck Friday to end a long week and welcome a fun weekend!
What is your favorite Food Truck Food?
Until next time…