Last Saturday, IKEA stores nationwide held their BYOF (Bring Your Own Friend) event. It was a code red weekend.
Code red: Over 8,000 visitors were expected to visit the store in one day
I was asked to give two organizing presentations throughout the day. Woo hoo!
Time to dress the part. Makeup, hair, the works! 🙂
I arrived and the parking lot was packed!
My parents were inside shopping so I met up with them an hour and half before my first presentation. The Charlotte store recently made some changes to their Marketplace. All renovations were complete and their Spring line was front and center. Thanks IKEA for inspiring me to redo my entire apartment! 😉
I headed upstairs to get my organizing on. The topics were home office and closet organizing. I prefer to have an interactive discussion so I made sure to ask questions like, “What is your biggest challenge when it comes to closet organizing?” I love hearing the responses, but most importantly, I want to make sure the audience is getting something out of my presentation.
Suggestions on home office organizing:
- Set up storage and use wall space.
- You need to store all sorts of items in a home office from paper to pens to paper clips. Have storage options available so it is not out and in the way.
- Use cork boards to keep track of invitations, bills to be paid, and store coupons.
Suggestions on closet organizing:
- Display it and you will wear it.
- Use consistent hangers to cut down on the visual clutter.
- Insert pool noodles (aka floats) into boots to keep them upright.
There were some other suggestions but those were the most talked about. 🙂
And look who came to see me…
Yes that is a thrift store dress. Banana Republic — from Goodwill — $5. 😉
It was an awesome day filled with great ideas and conversations. Who is ready for another Pure & Simple Organizing & IKEA Charlotte session? 🙂
Until next time…