Happy Friday — first Friday of the new year! 🙂
In keeping with my January resolution, the Foodie Friday posts for this month will be healthy recipes. 🙂
One way I’m working to keep this resolution is to eat breakfast and lunch. I love this breakfast casserole recipe because it’s easy to make and easy to heat up throughout the week! If I’m prepared, then I’m more likely to eat breakfast.
- 1 can (8 ct) refrigerated crescent rolls
- (1/4) Gimme Lean Soy Sausage Roll
- We don’t eat pork hence the soy sausage. It is awesome btw!
- Regular sausage could be substituted (not as healthy) 😉
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with non stick spray.
- Unroll crescent rolls. Press into bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sausage crumbles.
- Top with cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites, eggs, and skim milk.
- Pour over top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
We eat the casserole with sliced avocado, salsa, and a piece of fruit.
Very easy. Very yummy.
Until next time…