My mom makes the best cornbread … until I met Trader Joes.
My mom makes the best meat loaf … until I met Paula Deen.
I refuse to eat meatloaf at a restaurant because I have no idea what kind of meat they use. I refuse to eat other people’s meat loaf because my mom always made the best. ♥ You Mom! 🙂
Raymond & I were watching the Food Network a few months back. Paula and her son, Boobbbbyyy *nasal southern voice* were cooking up a meat loaf. It looked easy and delicious, which are my two qualifiers for trying a new recipe. Off to the computer I went to print the recipe. It is now a household staple! 🙂
Thanks Paula! 😉
PAULA DEEN’S MEAT LOAF
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- I prefer 96/4
- (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking steel cut oats
- Quick-cooking oats would work as well
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the above ingredients.
- Shape mixture into a loaf pan.
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, whisk together above ingredients.
- Slather mixture on top of meat loaf.
- Bake 50-60 minutes. Until meat loaf is firm and cooked all the way through.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
We consider this our heart healthy meat loaf. It is delicious!
Note: there will be some water/liquid that cooks out. This is from the vegetables.
Until next time…