Yep, today is Friday. Not yesterday … today. I thought all along that yesterday was indeed Friday. What a week!
Fall is here … officially! Hallelujah! The fall baking and cooking has started. I almost jumped straight to pumpkin baking … but felt I was skipping over the apples. Pinterest is my friend and she recommended I make Apple Dumplings.
I have made many apple desserts in the past not an actual dumpling. Raymond loved them and pretty sure there is no turning back!
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits (10 ct)
- I used the flaky kind
- 5 apples
- Gala or Golden Delicious will cook up better
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 Tbsp golden raisins (chopped)
- Splurge for the golden variety
- 1 egg white (lightly beaten)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Open biscuit container. Roll out eat biscuit until roughly 8″ in diameter.
- No need to break out a ruler. Just guesstimate.
- Core and peel the apples.
- Cut the apples in half through their equator (aka cut the apple horizontally – not vertically)
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine butter, raisins, and 3 Tbsp cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place an apple half in the middle of each rolled out biscuit.
- Stuff the core with cinnamon raisin butter mixture.
- Fold up the dough around the dumpling. Pinching to secure at the top.
- Brush the tops of the dumplings with egg white.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Enjoy! Remember, the type of apple matters as you don’t want a hard or mushy apple when you are finished baking.
What is your favorite apple recipe? 🙂
If you liked today’s post, then we would love to hear from you! Feel free to leave a comment below!
Until next time…