Before I start with today’s foodie recipe, I thought I would mention two shopping events going on this weekend:
- Friday, August 3rd
- 9am – 9pm
- 13015 Rosedale Hill Avenue, Huntersville NC
- Tax free weekend
- Shop one of the area’s largest women and children’s liquation sales
- Saturday, August 4th
- 7am – 1pm
- Brawley Middle School Gymnasium, Mooresville, NC
- Shop for gently used children’s and maternity clothing, toys, and baby equipment.
- Cash only.
- Free admission. ($1 admission from 7am-8am)
Okay, now on to Foodie Friday! I made this recipe a few weeks ago for a girl’s day/pool party. You know it is good when over half was eaten and there were only 5 women there. 🙂
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pd ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- Tortilla chips
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Spread in a serving dish.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cook ground beef over medium heat, until no longer pink.
- Drain beef.
- Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and green pepper.
- Serve with chips.
What is your favorite poolside dip?
Enjoyed today’s post? Leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you.
Until next time…