I love Philly Cheesesteak. A good one that is!
If you also love Philly Cheesesteak then you will want to try this recipe. Super easy and super delicious!
I found this recipe on Pinterest! 🙂
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK SLOPPY JOES
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 pkg mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/4 cup steak sauce (A-1)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Provolone cheese
- S&P to taste
- Hamburger buns
- Preheat broiler.
- Saute ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat. 5-6 mins.
- Add onion, green pepper, and mushrooms to skillet. Saute another 3-4 minutes.
- Add steak sauce and beef broth.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Bring meat mixture to a bubble and cook 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, split open buns.
- Place one slice of cheese on one side.
- Toast both sides in broiler.
- Watch them to make sure they don’t burn!
- Place a spoonful of meat on the bottom half of bun. Add horseradish and mayo if you prefer! Enjoy!
*The original recipe called for 1 cup beef broth. It made mine really soupy – I recommend reducing by half.
Until next time…