I have been out of school for … well too long to mention. I can still remember the when my dad picked me up from junior high on the last day of school blaring “School’s Out For Summer”…in our brown bomber RV. I thought I was the coolest kid on the block. 😉
I, along with every kid, lived for summer! No more school and homework! Well since most of us haven’t dealt with homework in several years, we probably don’t get as excited about summer as we used to.
However, I do think that deep down we all still have those secret summer plans. So before the summer passes you by…as time seems to go quicker and quicker each day…take a minute to make a summer “bucket” list.
BH&G called it a Sand Pail List … so cute!
So what will be on your Sand Pail List?
- Summer concert series (CLT Pops in the Park, for example)
- Outdoor movie screenings (Plenty of free ones around town)
- Vacation (try somewhere different, like the mountains)
- Spend a day at the lake (even if at the park)
- Try out a new restaurant. Sit on the patio and enjoy martinis (or your drink of preference)
- Play some golf. Or just get outside.
- Grow something. Plants or flowers. Indoors or out.
- Play some tennis. ♥ me some tennis!
- Go on a hike…or trail walking. I love these!
- Try something new…something out of your comfort zone.
What are you planning to do this summer? 🙂
Until next time…