Foodie Friday is baaaack! 🙂
I absolutely love Mexican food — I could eat it all day, every day, any day, any meal. Yes, I love it that much. I am delighted I found this recipe on Pinterest as it is the easiest and tastiest way to make “fuh-gee-tas” (that is what my Dad calls it). 🙂
OVEN BAKED – CHICKEN FAJITAS
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- OR (8 oz) jar salsa, chunky (medium or mild)
- 2 medium onions (sliced)
- 1 large bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 poblano pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 12 flour tortillas
- Toppings (cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, guacamole, tomatoes)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place chicken strips in a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next add the tomato sauce (or jar salsa), peppers, and onions to the dish.
- Stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.
- Doctor up the tomato sauce on the stove with some chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add to flavor.
- The jar salsa is a quick option that infuses more Mexican food flavor into the dish. I prefer the jar salsa.
Easy, yummy, and mexican — all the ingredients to a favorite meal. 🙂
Until next time…