“Little Miss Sweet Tea” is my nickname from an organizing buddy…thanks Sandra. 😉
I left Charlotte this morning for a week long trip to Myrtle Beach. Raymond and I were enjoying lunch at Hamburger Joes when he said, “Coast to coast in one week!” I will cheers to that! 🙂
Thank you all so much for the emails, phone calls, messages, and facebook posts about the Los Angeles trip! It was simply amazing. I thought I would take some time to share with you the details. 🙂
Wednesday, May 2nd
- 3:30am – Up and at ’em
- 5:30am – Arrive at airport, check baggage
- 5:40am – Some random guy makes a pass at me and asks me to coffee.
- 5:50am – Still in line for security. Random guy is still talking to me about his entire life story.
- 5:53am – Security pulls me aside for further inspection. My Command Hooks require additional search and X-Ray.
- 5:54am – I am thanking the good lord upstairs for thorough security guards. I was able to shake the creepy coffee guy.
- 6:30am – Board first flight of the day. Charlotte to Atlanta
- 7:55am – Land in Atlanta. Man that was fast!
- 8am-10am – Kill time in Atlanta airport. On the hunt for Starbucks and breakfast! Fell asleep at gate, started snoring!
- 10am – Board second flight of the day. Atlanta to Los Angeles.
- 10am-1:30pm(PST) – Slept like a baby on plane. Ladies & Gentlemen, Welcome to Los Angeles.
- 2:00pm – Rehearse scripts for next day’s commercial
- 2:30pm – Grab luggage and rental car
- 2:45pm – Driving to downtown Los Angeles listening to jazz
- 3:00pm – Good and lost in downtown Los Angeles. Good and lost!
- 3:30pm – Arrive at Hawthorne Direct. Walk into conference room full of people. Oh my — big girl pants on, ready to meet and greet!
- 3:40pm – Wardrobe fitting and modeling for client and agency.
- 5:00pm – Off to nail salon in downtown. Good and lost…again.
- 5:45pm – Late for nail appointment! Crud!
- 6:30pm – Off to Venice Beach to meet the ladies from 3M for dinner. Cool swanky spot called “Hotel Erwin”.
- 7:00pm – Good and lost in Venice Beach. No directions — no phone. Oh..crap!
- 7:30pm – Got directions from very upstanding couple in Venice Beach. Found Hotel Erwin!
- 8:00pm – Dinner with the 3M ladies! 🙂
- 9:00pm – Found my hotel — time for sleep! Wait…where is my face wash and toothpaste?!
- 9:15pm (that would be 12:15am EST) – time for bed! Holy guacamole…what a day! 🙂
And that was just day 1. 😉