Its Friday! Sorry I missed last weeks post — I didnt have anything yummy to post about anyways. 😉
After spending some time with a lovely “organizing buddy” (sounds better than client), I got inspired to reorganize my Recipe Binder. I generally make out the weekly dinner menu for Raymond and I … and do the grocery shopping. I cannot send him to the store — he comes back with Fat Free, Sugar Free everything! Blech!
I usually write out the grocery list and menu every Saturday and make my trip to the store on Sunday. I started to notice that each week I dreaded the task more and more. I think part of it was because I didnt have any “Go To Recipes”. So that combined with reorganizing the binder turned into Jennifer whipping up some crazy delicious entrees this week! 🙂
Mascarpone-Pesto Chicken Rolls
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt & pepper, each
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tsp butter, melted
- Butterfly the chicken breasts or pound them until 1/4″ thickness. I prefer to butterfly.
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Combine cheese and pesto. Spread over the chicken.
- Roll up each from a short side and secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg and water.
- Place the bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip the chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- Place seam side down in a greased 11″x7″ baking dish.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-40 minuts or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.
- Discard toothpicks