TGIF! Im gearing up for a busy weekend – full on closet remodel is on my agenda! Not my closet…silly. 😉
Whipped up anything yummy this week? I sure did! Two of which I have already blogged about. 1) Crock Pot Enchilada Lasagna (SO good) 2) Meatballs (Raymond’s favorite)!
I did try out a new recipe this week — courtesy of Southern Living Magazine. De.lish.ous!
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 pepper
- Lay chicken breasts flat on cutting board.
- Cut in half but not all the way through.
- Open breast. Season with salt and pepper
- 1 package (5 oz) fresh baby spinach
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Saute ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Spinach will wilt.
- Top chicken with spinach mixture.
- Add washed & cut asparagus spears to chicken.
- Roll chicken while stuffing mixture as you go.
- Secure with wooden picks (or toothpicks).
- Heat 1 tsp oil & 1 tbsp butter in saucepan.
- Brown chicken on all sides.
- Transfer chicken to baking dish.
- Drizzle with any remaining butter from pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. 425 degrees.
In the meantime…
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- Saute garlic and butter until garlic is fragrant.
- Whisk in flour. Cook 1 minute.
- Add white wine, stirring constantly 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Cook 2 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in capers.
- Serve over chicken.