Im going side dish style today. So you ask, “What is Zippy Broccoli? What makes it Zippy?” I answer “Only the most delicious and easy to make side dish ever!”
Disclaimer: Pretty sure all men hate this recipe…or maybe just Raymond and my dad.
- (1) package broccoli (fresh, never frozen)
- (2) cloves of garlic, minced
- Eyeball these:
- (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- (1 Tbsp) hot sauce (I prefer more hot sauce than not. And use Franks)
- (1 Tbsp) lemon juice (fresh is the best)
- Place broccoli in microwave safe bowl.
- Add water. (Enough to cover half of broccoli).
- Cover with paper towel.
- Microwave on High 2-3 mins.
- The longer you microwave, the more mushy (or done) the broccoli will be.
- I prefer crunchy broccoli.
- Be careful — bowl will be hot.
- Add garlic, oil, lemon juice, hot sauce, salt, and pepper to bowl.
- Whisk together.
- Taste. Then tweak. I usually add more hot sauce and S&P after I taste.
- Im a flavor savor! 🙂 Love favor!
- Drain broccoli.
- Toss with oily, lemony mixture.
- ENJOY! 🙂
What is your favorite side dish to make? 🙂
Until next time…