I had several Girl’s Nights planned this week so my menu planning was pretty sparse. Raymond had a Guy’s Night planned with his brother and dad on Tuesday, which left us to one day of enjoying dinner together.
We cooked dinners that I have blogged about before which leads me to, “Nothing new here.”
Bravo! Cucina Italiana is located at Northlake Mall. I have never been to this restaurant and had no idea it was Italian food. The full name had escaped my attention.
A few weeks ago a friend invited me to Bravo! for an after work get together. She said they had Happy Hour specials. Count me in!
I wasn’t really sure what to expect as I’m not a big fan of Italian food. Shocking, I know. ;)
Let’s just say … this place is awesome!
The Happy Hour specials are available Monday – Friday, 3-7pm & 9pm-close.
They have appetizers available for $3.95 and several drink options for $5.
I’ve been twice and each time ordered the same thing … well almost. Raymond is so mad that I haven’t taken him yet. Maybe next week.
What I’ve tried:
- Shrimp Fra Diavolo w/Crispy Eggplant
- Famous Fra Diavolo sauce, topped with green onions and pesto bread crumbs
- Pretty good but fairly saucy
- Crispy Shrimp Napoli
- Fried shrimp with green onions and our lemon butter, charred tomato Napoli sauce
- My FAVORITE dish!
- Caprese Salad
- A classic with marinated tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella, basil and a field greens salad
- Very good — the mozzarella was definitely fresh
- Portbello & Boursin Bruschetta
- Topped with melted Provolone, carmelized onions, crushed red pepper, tomatoes and Boursin
- 2nd FAVORITE dish!
I might order the BRAVO! Burger when I go with Raymond.
They offer a variety of martinis, sangria, and other mixed drinks for $5 as well. The White Peach Sangria was a little too sweet, but the Lemon Basil Martini was delicious!
So if you ever want to try out the restaurant and need a date — call me!
6851 North Lake Mall Dr.
Charlotte, NC 28216
(p) (704) 597-1455 | (f) (704) 597-1026
What is your favorite Happy Hour spot?
Until next time…