Happy Friday — first Friday of the new year!
In keeping with my January resolution, the Foodie Friday posts for this month will be healthy recipes.
One way I’m working to keep this resolution is to eat breakfast and lunch. I love this breakfast casserole recipe because it’s easy to make and easy to heat up throughout the week! If I’m prepared, then I’m more likely to eat breakfast.
- 1 can (8 ct) refrigerated crescent rolls
- (1/4) Gimme Lean Soy Sausage Roll
- We don’t eat pork hence the soy sausage. It is awesome btw!
- Regular sausage could be substituted (not as healthy)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray baking dish with non stick spray.
- Unroll crescent rolls. Press into bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sausage crumbles.
- Top with cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites, eggs, and skim milk.
- Pour over top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
We eat the casserole with sliced avocado, salsa, and a piece of fruit.
Very easy. Very yummy.
Until next time…